Monday, March 10, 2014

Read Across America

I love a Dr. Seuss book! My favorite? I'm not sure I can pick, but I love trying to read Fox in Socks!  It's a tough one to read, but one of my favorites to try every year.  I posted around Christmas about how I scored the Dr. Seuss books and animals at Kohl's for $5 each.  Did you get them too?



I already had some friends from previous years, so we had lots of Dr. Seuss buddies here with us last week.  I don't know what's up with mother nature, but we had ANOTHER snow day last week, so that ruffled our plans and we didn't have a whole lot of time for the 'ol Doc, but Ms. Moore did make hats with our sweet Kinders.




We just trace a pattern onto poster board, color it, and staple it to a sentence strip and voila...instant Cat in the Hats.  Adorable, right? You can see some of my other buddies hanging around the room.  We had them all over the place :) 

I usually like to do a lot for Dr. Seuss and Read across America, but this year we just did lots of fun reading.  
What do you do for Read Across America?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...