Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New {School} Year Resolutions

I have been thinking a lot this summer about what I want to do differently this coming school year.  I decided to link up with Teaching Madness thinking if I wrote it out then maybe I would stick to it :) So here goes!


This year I plan to...

Resolution #1 - Offer more positive incentives and feedback.  I think I am going to change my behavior management system from the apple tree I have been using to a clip chart where they can work towards something positive instead of just pointing out their negatives.  I also bought a popcorn popper from a yard sale website and I am going to fill a jar with popcorn kernels as a class incentive and when it's full or gets to a certain point, we will have a popcorn snack.  Also, I got one of those old school desks off Craigslist for $10 and I am going to paint it and put special school supplies there and let the Terrific Kid sit there once a week and let them sit there on their birthdays.

Resolution #2 - Pass out Birthday Pencils, Bookmarks, Cards and whatever else I have in my drawer that I can never seem to follow through with giving my kids.  We always sing Happy Birthday, but I never remember the rest!

Resolution #3 - To keep my room less cluttered!  I am going to try really hard to keep my room organized and not have random stuff all over the place.

Resolution #4 - To make my centers meaningful and engaging and make sure that my students are doing what they are supposed to be doing and not just hanging out.


That's it for now!  I think 4 things is plenty to work on.  It's my renewal year and with Common Core starting for us this year, I think I am going to be immersed in new stuff to learn!  I look forward to reading everyone else's resolutions!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party! I started using the clipchart system last year and I loved it! And, I have trouble remembering to pass things out, too. For birthdays, it helps if I have little "baggies" prepared at the beginning of the year...if I have to get it together that day, it's not going to happen! :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    PS...I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to revamp my management system and try to stay better organized as well. Great list of resolutions! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your resolutions! I need to do better with #2 too! I just found your blog on the New {School} Year Resolution Linky Party, and look forward to follow you! I am your newest follower!

    Julie
    http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...