Sunday, February 3, 2013

Teddy Bears and a sale! :)


I'm pretty sure you thought I fell off the face of the earth.  I didn't!  We have been super busy and I just haven't had the time to tell you about what's been going on in room 201.  We just finished our Read 3D benchmarking and while our scores were NOT what I expected, my students have grown so much this year!!  Miss Zripko started with us full time for her Senior 2 internship and we are so happy to have her help!  She has worked on jazzing up calendar and reading comprehension with some great stories.  Miss Z (my sweet intern from last year) has been working with us on Reader's Theater and is teaching the students all about having their own parts in a story.  Not only are they learning to read, but they are building their confidence as well.  We sadly had to say goodbye to Mrs. Domer on Friday, but we hope she can come back soon and Mrs. Edwards will be starting back with us for 1/2 days starting tomorrow.  Lots of stuff going on!

I have been pushing stretch spelling with journal writing since we got back from Christmas and the students are doing soo good!  Reading journals has become one of my favorite parts of the day.  This week, I have read a lot of journals that said "I love Mrs. Payton.  She is pretty." Of course it wasn't perfect, but I could read it and I LOVEEEE it!  You better believe they got to move their clips up!  I'll have to take a picture of one and post it.

Last week we talked all about bears! We previously had talked about Polar Bears, so we compared the two.  On Thursday, when I got to school, I saw this and knew it was going to be a great day.


A double rainbow, really??

We had a super fun day with our Teddy Bears.  The students brought their teddy bears to school and we wrote about what would happen if they came to life.


 

 

Smores, swings, riding horses, video games, tea parties, hide and go seek...I think I'll take the life of the teddy bear:)



They really enjoyed having their bears at school and their writing was super cute.

So to make up for my absence, how about a freebie?  We are celebrating the 100th day Tuesday!  EXCITED!!!  We will be making a snack, hats, badges, necklaces, painting and who knows what else.  I know we are going to have a super fun day! :) Here is a little pack I whipped up to get us through our day.  Swing by and grab it for free.



Did you know today TN and TpT were having SUPER Sunday Sales??  My TN store is 25% off and my TpT store is 20% off.  Use the code SUPER at checkout and get an extra 10% off.


I was so excited I stocked up last night and purchased lots of clip art about 1:30am this morning! :) You may be interested in my most recent packs, Bear Fun and Valentine Fun.



Well that's all for now, time to put my new clip art to good use and start a new pack.  Hope everyone has a Super Sunday and enjoys the Superbowl! :)

post signature

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...