Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Party!

Today was crazzzzzy!  We had our Easter Party.  The kids were excited!  I am exhausted!

We started out with an Easter Egg hunt.  I asked each family to send 20 prestuffed eggs in.  We numbered the eggs and each student could only find their number.  This is a great way to make the hunt educational, fair and also allow it to last more than 1 second.

We "hid" the eggs while the students were at the library.  We had only 1 egg with no number and that was the golden egg.  I put a dollar in there :)



I don't ask the students to bring baskets because they are bulky and not everyone has them, so we just give them a grocery bag with their name on it.  We get them in a line so that they all start at the same time and have a chance to find the golden egg.

Hunting for their numbers...it's hard to pass all those eggs up, but they do well finding just their number and putting the rest back.


 Look who found the golden egg?  What was really cute, was that she couldn't reach the egg up in the tree and had to ask someone for help to get it.

 Counting and sorting eggs - see I told you it was educational!



Awesome job sorting! :)

For our party, I like to have stations with the parents.  It's a great way to involve the parents and let the kids enjoy having their moms (or sometimes dads) help.

 Dying Easter Eggs.  They get to dye and decorate their own eggs.  I put them in a Ziploc bag at the end of the day and sent them home.  (I pray they aren't in their book bags and made it home safely!)
 Sight Word Memory

 Graphing M&Ms!  This came from someone's blog - I meant to look at the bottom of that worksheet, but I will add it as soon as I know where it came from.

 Tissue Paper Eggs - I love a good tissue paper craft and all this tissue paper came from the Dollar Tree for just $1!


When all of that was finished, we did have food - I forgot to take a picture!  We also had a special friend today, Mrs. Bales who came to read us lots of stories.  The kids enjoyed her facial expressions and voices while she was reading, it was definitely a treat!

The sight word memory game & tissue paper Easter egg both came from my Easter centers pack.  It is 50% off through Easter!  Stop by TpT and grab your own copy!


We have 1 1/2 days until Spring Break.  I can't wait to get to the beach!  Happy Easter everyone!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. What a fun day! We have a day and a half too! I'm excited!

    Kimberly Ann

    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you deserve a Long rest. Enjoy!


    Owl About Us


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I finally figured out how to follow you and I am your newest follower :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you had the kids only find their number! We did a egg hunt in our classroom, but the students could only find 7 eggs. Once they found their 7, they had to sit back at their seat. I thought that was challenging! LOL!

    Leigh
    The Applicious Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good because then no one is waiting around...they are all looking and when they find their friends numbers they help them out too. You should try it! :) I just stopped by your blog and I am your newest follower!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love how you turned an easter egg hunt into something educational! What a great idea for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope you find success when you try it!

      Delete
  5. I HEART the idea of numbering the Easter eggs! That way the egg hunt doesn't last 2 seconds. We don't have an Easter egg hunt at our school but I definitely will suggest this to my son's preschool class and at our neighborhood egg hunt.

    Caroline
    Educator Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps! I think ours lasted about 30 minutes. The students each brought 20+ eggs and they got 20+ eggs back :) I didn't do it this year, but in the past when I have had students that didn't know their numbers too well, we gave them a die cut with the number written on it and taped it to their shirt so they had something to reference. That might be good for preschool aged children too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...