Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Teacher Blog Tuesday - May 21st

It's teacher blog Tuesday!


Today's guest blogger is Renee from:

Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom


1. Name of Blog and Link?
Mrs. Mathis' Homeroom

2. Tell us a little about your blog and why you started it.
I write about anything and everything that has to do with teaching, but focus mainly on substitute teaching, and teaching during a long term contract (for now). I also write about teaching in French and teaching French as a second language. I offer freebies through my blog and am currently working at setting up my store through there as well. I love regular features and recently finished a 6-part series on interview questions and started a Monday Math Game series.

3. How long have you been teaching?
When I graduated from university, I worked as an Official Language Monitor in three French Immersion schools in Alberta. Then I was hired as an Educational Assistant and it solidified my desire to become a teacher. I couldn't get enough of school and everything that had to do with it! I started substituting 6 years ago, after moving back to Ontario. I now work for two catholic school boards, one in French and one in English, and teach everything between Kindergarten and Grade 12. I am lucky enough that I live in a small community and that I get a lot of daily calls for work. The teaching jobs in Ontario are very scarce right now and people are having a hard time just getting on an occasional teacher list. One day, soon I hope, I will have my own classroom, but until then, I’m happy being a substitute teacher.

4. What grade do you teach?
K-12, but prefer Grades 4 and up. My teachable is Français. I also have a very strong background in visual arts and my dream job is to be a high school visual arts teacher.

5. What is your favorite thing about teaching? 
My favourite thing about teaching is the bonds that I create with my students. I have been in some situations outside of school when students have found me in a crowd while out in public and have come to me for help or advice because they knew they could trust me. I love to get to know all of my students (literally hundreds of them) and what’s going on in their lives.

6. What else would you like to tell us about? (Special topic you are interested in blogging about.) 
I would love to guest blog about being a substitute teacher or about teaching visual arts or French.

7. Where else can we find you?
Pinterest
Facebook
TpT
TN

8. If you want to include a freebie, what is it and where can we find it?
A Filmstrip Storyboard

Stop by her blog & follow her! Thanks for guest blogging Renee!

  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...