Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Monday Made It!

I'm a little late posting, but I'm linking up with Monday Made it again at 4th Grade Frolics! :) I stopped by school today because I felt the need to sweat take all the posters off my walls down so I could have them ready for when all my new goodies I made this summer are laminated.  When I looked around the room and there was nothing left, I had a extreme mild panic attack.  I keep telling myself it's going to be good because all my stuff is going to be cute, polka dotted and match, but nothing like bare walls 2 weeks before school starts to send you right over the edge.  Anywho, the walls are officially ready for all my new stuff.

Today I worked on my Centers Chart and Math Groups Chart.

Pretty simple.  In the past I have used animal names for the groups...I'm not feeling that this year, so I'm going with numbers.  Under the numbers I will put some velcro dots and then put the kids names on card stock and that way I can move them based on what group they are in for each topic.  I used the Cricut to cut out my letters (All Mixed Up font - MY FAVORITE!)  Don't you love that HOT pink.  The poster board choices at school may possibly be the ugliest and dullest colors I've ever seen - so I got these loud colors from the Dollar Tree :)

This chart is for my literacy centers during reading groups.  Again with the loud colors - a little lime green :) The pink squares will have their names on them.  The blue squares will have the center choice cards.  Each day the students have 2 center choices and we do centers 4 days a week in my room. The students see me, go to a center, do seat work and go to a second center.  Maybe not in that order, but some variation of it.  

So that's it for me for Made it Monday - I didn't go crazy and paint anything this week :)  Still feeling pretty successful!  Can't wait to see everyone else's!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I like your math book signs! Awesome! I am having a giveaway--so come on over and enter (if you haven't already)

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    you could win a laminator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are just about ready for kidlets. We don't go back until after Labour Day, and I haven't even started sorting through my room and making all the charts and everything else that needs to be sorted, organized, created and put up.
    I am a new follower.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...