Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Classroom Setup and a FREEBIE!

I went to school on Monday to set my room up because I am crazy I couldn't get the room set up off my mind.  School doesn't start here until August 27th and our 1st workday isn't until August 17th (yes that's a Friday - What genius thought that up?)  Anyway, when I walked in it looked a little like this:




(At the end of the year we have to remove everything from bookshelves and push all the furniture in the middle of the room.  They take it out in the hall and wax the floors/clean the carpet and stick it back in.  I don't know who's bright idea it was to put those bookshelves up there on the counter, but let me tell you - no easy feat to get down by yourself with NO air conditioning!)

I had been carefully drawing diagrams of my room for the past few weeks, so I got right to work moving my furniture.  When I finished, I was nasty sweaty and my room looked like this:





Ignore the full trash can and recycle bin that is full of pizza boxes from my end of the year party in June! (I'd give someone the benefit of the doubt on that one, but it was in the floor when I left for summer and it's on the counter now, so someone had to pick it up!)

I went back yesterday and put everything on the book shelves and then today I had to be there for assessments and I brought my sweet teacher friends in and they tore my room to shreds rearranged some things because they couldn't believe I didn't have a cozy library center. (In my defense I don't have one corner in my room!)  I had to meet someone to get some teacher stuff so I didn't take pictures, but I have to go back again tomorrow so I will take some pictures then.  I have not printed/laminated/put up any new posters, so I have taken a few things down but I need to take the rest down and get busy. (I have plenty of time, no rush right?!)

How is your room coming along?  Is it just me or is it absolutely overwhelming to go in with your furniture in disarray and trying to maneuver it around like a puzzle.

On to the freebie.  The other day in my resolutions I told y'all about how I wanted to change my Behavior Management System. I ripped down my apple tree yesterday and today I created my new clip chart.  Of course, I need to print/laminate/attach with ribbon and get my clothespins together, but it's a start.  I thought I would share, just in case you needed one too :) PS It took me 3495834508 searches to find the frame in the middle...and guess where it came from...clker.com - go figure! :)  It has my Hello Dotty font that I am obsessing over - so it's perfect for me!  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I have been in a few times & agree it is a bit overwhelming to not have everything in it's place. I just found your blog & I'm your newest follower!! I'm excited to follow along! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been working hard. I like your room-it is so big and so neat!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am SO fortunate to have gotten the biggest room in our Kindergarten by luck! I certainly can't complain! :)

      Delete
  3. Yours looks NOTHING like mine... It is an absolute DISASTER! Actually, I just posted pics on my blog. :) I love how organized yours looks. Mine will get there...after several days of trudging through. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! I got a wild hair and decided to create/change a ton of decor in my room, so now I have to take all that down. I'm pretty sure all of us could spend tons of time working on our room and we'd always find something more that needed to be done. Good luck!!

      Delete
  4. Saw you on the newbie blog hop!! you have done a wonderful job getting your room together. We don't start school until the 27 too, so I've been procrastinating. Although a couple weeks ago I did get all the furniture put in place. Haven't been motivated to go back since. Maybe Monday...

    Lacey
    Challenges Make Life Interesting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...