Monday, September 8, 2014

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Picture Frames

I'm a little late blogging about this one, but I had to get pictures taken for these frames to get them on the wall.  We make these frames with our kids EVERY year and leave them up all year! It's so fun to give them back to the kids at the end of the year and see how much they have changed! 

You need 1/4 of a yellow sheet of construction paper and then you die cut a rectangle out of it to make the frame.  The tree and polka dots are free form, so you just give the students squares/rectangles of each color of paper and model how to do those.   The letters are from Walmart/Michaels are are prebagged in Ziploc bags for each student.   (They have a sticker on the back, so they stick right on.)


This particular student did a really awesome job on cutting her pieces (This close up is from last year but I never got around to blogging about it last year for some reason!), but don't expect them all to look this perfect. I love how their little personalities show through a free form activity! They also tend to mix up the letters in their names and you may have to redirect them a few times :) 


When they are all finished, I add their pictures and staple them on the wall around my Coconut Tree. (I purchased this one a few years ago from the local teacher store and just leave it up all the time.) 

I adore this little craft and the kids are super proud when they are done!  My group this year did an amazing job and they all look so cute!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...