Our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Frames.
Making our names with beans. This was a great lesson about learning to use glue and forming the letters that make our names.
We made a school bus to help us remember bus safety!
Our Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree in the hall. We made the letters in the Art Center and we made our names and counted the letters during writing one day. Excuse my wonky tree - I'm not an artist by any means :)
We took some pictures for our frames today with Curious George from Kohl's...I love those little $5 stuffed animals :) Here are my cuties minus the 3 that were absent today...I will add them in soon :)
We've been doing lots more, but that's what I've captured so far! More to come later, I promise :)
Tonight was Curriculum Night. We had 6 families show up, so many missed my fabulous presentation on all things Kindergarten. Here's a copy of what we talked about. It looks a little strange in this form, but it gives you the information you need.
Families, if you are wondering about things you can work on right now, there are a lot! Here are some suggestions:
Things to Work on Right Now
· Coloring in the lines
· Cutting on the lines
· Letter Recognition (All Upper & Lowercase Letters)
· Letter Sounds (What sound does A make?)
· First Sounds (What’s the first sound you hear in dog?)
· Print Awareness (Front Cover, Where to start reading, Left to right, Going to the second line of a text, pointing one-to-one, Meaning of a period, Where the first and last part of a sentence are, The difference between letters and words, Where a capital letter is, The first and last letter of a word)
· Number Recognition (0-20)
· Counting Objects One-To-One
· Orally Counting to at least 25 but 100 by the EOY
· Opening Lunchbox and Tray Items (Milk, Snacks, Lunchables, Juice Pouches, Gogurts etc.)
· Tying Shoes
· Unbuttoning/Buttoning Shorts/Pants/Skirts
As always, if you have any questions or need anything, please email me or stop by and see me! :)
Many of these activities came from my Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Unit! Stop by and grab it if you are interested!