Thursday, February 6, 2014

Teen Number Practice

We are back in the swing of things after all these breaks, delays, and snow days.  I have finished assessments and could not be more excited to enjoy my children again!  

We just started new math groups last week with 4 groups instead of 3 and I am loving having a few extra minutes with each group.  This week we are working on numbers 11-20.  Most of my kids did fairly well with this task, but we need more practice counting with care. It's so easy to fly through counting and make a mistake.  I thought a fun way to practice would be to use these color by 10 frame sheets from Jennifer over at Crayons and Cuties in Kindergarten.

First I had them count the objects in the 10 frames and write the number next to them.  Then they went back and colored each number based on what they counted.  Since I did this in small groups, I was able to see closely if anyone miscounted and prompt them to count again.  

  




Do your kids need extra practice with 10 frames and numbers 11-20? Jennifer has several color by 10 frame packs in her Teachers Pay Teachers store! Swing by and grab them, they are a steal! 

Like this product? She also has a great Winter Sports themed freebie for ordinal numbers in our Lessons from the Heart E-Book!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...