Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Back to School Linky - Classroom Decor



It's that time again - Back 2 School Linky with Mrs. D's Corner and Miss V's Busy Bees! This week's topic is one of my favorites - CLASSROOM DECOR!


But seriously - who doesn't love a cute classroom? I always feel like if I get into the classroom and get it all straight, organized and cute my year will get off to a good start.  You feel the same, right? 
I'm not gonna show my whole classroom in this post, because it's not anywhere near ready.  I don't start school back for almost a month and I've been pushing it to go in this early.  I have been in 3 times and I have been busy as can be! 

This post is gonna be all about teasers! 

Like this:


Cute fabric anyone? Yes please! It was $5.99 a yard at Jo-Ann's, but on sale for $3.99 a yard.  I also used a 15% off coupon.  I ended up getting probably 15-20 yards.  What for you ask? To cover my windows, hideous junk in my cubbies, and all my paper.  My good friend's mom is making some curtains for me.  I seriously can't wait to see them! 


How about these cuties? Also from Jo-Ann's! They were 40% off! The polka dotted ones will house my homework folders and communication folders and I'm not sure about that chevron one yet.

Here's a (maybe) little known fact about me.  I got started on TpT because I wanted to redesign my classroom.  I had a mismatch of decor from my local teacher store and I couldn't take it anymore.  I wanted to redo my room in polka dots and got busy creating.  After I finished, I wondered if anyone else felt the same way and opened up my TpT shop.  2 years later, I am so thankful I had that thought. 

These are the things I use to decorate my room:



I also did this to my caddies and book bins last year:


They are dirty this year, so I got a new set and I will be doing the exact same thing again.  I mixed a little polka dot and chevron.  I'm slightly obsessed with both! 

Here are a few FREEBIES to help you get your room decorated:

     


I can't wait to show you how cute my room looks when I'm finished! Stop back back for a huge classroom reveal on August 30th! 

Don't forget to stop by and see everyone else's classroom decor! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...