Thursday, October 6, 2011

Emergency!

This week has been all about Fire Safety. We have talked about what causes fires, preventing them, what to do  in case of a fire, and what to do if your clothes catch on fire.  Yesterday we talked about who to call if there is an emergency and I was so pleased all of my sweet students knew to call 911!  I asked them if anyone knew what their address was and all they could tell me was North Carolina, so we have some work to do there.  I found a great website where all the students could practice calling 911. They enjoyed coming up to the SMART Board and dialing.  Hopefully after this week, they will all be more aware of fire prevention.  Here's a few pictures of them dialing 911.
Eli calling 911.

Messiah calling 911.

Meredith calling 911.

Tristan dialing 911.

If you want to practice calling 911 with your child, take a look at that website - they really enjoyed it!

4 comments:

  1. very cool! I wish we had a smart board to do cool stuff like that!! I've talked about emergencies a few times and had the response "Call 991!" and no matter how many times I correct him, he still says 991! haha. I really hope the class doesn't catch on to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! We love our Smart Board...I have had it for about 2 years now. You can do so many great things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for entering the giveaway! What a great activity, I so wish we had a smartboard. Thanks again, I am a new follower :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...