Friday, October 14, 2011

Labeling

Just in case you haven't done Fire Safety yet or maybe you haven't finished it, I am just figuring out how to share things!  As one of our writing activities during Fire Safety week, I had my students label a fire truck.  This was our first writing lesson (we have been learning our letters) and I was so pleased with how it turned out.  We practiced first by moving the names of the parts of the fire truck to their correct spot on the SMART Board.  While the students were at their seats, I modeled explicitly writing each word.  I usually don't have lines drawn for them to write on, but reflecting on this activity in the past, I felt like it would really help them keep their words smaller and neater.  I don't know where the original fire truck came from, but I used the SMART Notebook software to add the lines.  





Hope it's something you can use!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...