Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Tasting

Thanks to the Harris Teeter on Firetower Rd.  I was able to purchase 4 different pumpkin foods and only pay 2 dollars out of my own pocket!  I walked around Harris Teeter trying to find different foods that I thought they might like.  I ended up getting Pumpkin Creme Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice Cookies, and Pumpkin Cream Cheese.  The first three were made right there in the Harris Teeter bakery.  I made a recording sheet for the students to record whether they liked each food or not.  At the end, I had them circle their favorite.  I was so proud of them for a) remembering that I always tell them to take a "thank you bite" of every food to decide if they like it or not and b) actually trying all the pumpkin foods.  When they came back from Art, we had their food on the table waiting for them. I heard several of the students say "ewwww" or "gross," but for the most part they all liked at least 2 of the items.  Here are a few pictures of my sweet students trying the food.
The foods they tried...I meant to take a picture before we passed out the food but I forgot..oops!



Kevin ready to try some food!

Each child got a little of each food.
   
Meredith recording "no" for pumpkin pie.

Kevin finishing his recording sheet.


Check out those faces!

Finger lickin' good!

Ray'shawn trying the cream cheese on a cracker.

Messiah trying pumpkin cake.
So thankful that Harris Teeter covered most of the cost for this activity and that the students had this opportunity!  We will definitely revisit this activity!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...