Friday, October 14, 2011

Fire Safety Bulletin Board

For the month of October we always do a Fire Safety Bulletin Board.  Mrs. Edwards (my wonderful assistant) does an art project with our children every Friday.  She starts with the fire truck seen on the bulletin board.  It's from an activity I saw on Mrs. Pohlmeyer's Kinderpage, which is no longer active.  Fortunately before it was taken down, I had printed out all of her units in case I needed some ideas.  Mrs. Edwards gives the students squares or rectangles of paper and shows them how to cut whatever shape is needed.  The following Friday she has the students finger paint a flame using yellow, red, and orange paint.  She is so brave and has no problem taking on a painting project!





I'm not too sure where the flame came from because we have been doing it for years.   If you are brave enough to finger paint, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...